Thursday, January 25, 2007

Blog # 3 - How I will use image editing professionally.

My classroom for Information Technology offers a vast playground for the use of image editing. I plan on teaching a mini session on the use of Adobe Photoshop in my Junior IT class. In years past I have had to rely on finding a student in my class that was good enough at Photoshop to do some of the posters or photographs that I needed for the lab. Now I am capable of doing these myself and even better yet, teaching my students how to create these. On the first day of school I have each student take a picture of themselves and store it on their student drive. We then make two photographs using this picture and text to create a composite photograph of their picture and their name, home school, grade, nickname. etc. One of these picture gets taped to the back of the LCD on their classroom desk PC. The other photo gets folded into a triangle and is taped somewhere at their lab station - usually on the top of their CRT. These two photos aid greatly in everyone learning names and schools as well as marking their work areas in both the classroom and the lab area.

There are a great many other things I would love to do. We take tons of digital pictures throughout the year. So far most of them have been relegated to trhe CD or floppy disk they are shot onto. I have two older Sony Mavica FD95 cameras that take still photos and short 5 second mpegs to a floppy disk. I also have a Sony Handycam that shoots movies and still pictures to a mini DVD-R disk. In the Business Academy at Greene County Career Center we also have a very high quality poster printer. I plan on making use of Adobe to create some very nice posters of my students "in action" and add text, shading, background, etc. to these posters, and then hang them throughout my classroom / lab and the hallways around my area.

Zillions of uses - limited only by the imaginations of my students ( and rated / approved by me ).

No comments: